Designing Data-Intensive Applications
- Machine Learning System Design: https://www.educative.io/courses/machine-learning-system-design
- Grokking the Machine Learning Interview: https://www.educative.io/module/grokking-ml-interview
- STAR: https://techinterviewhandbook.org/star-format
- CBQs: https://techinterviewhandbook.org/behavioral-questions
- 22 Questions Asked in 94% Amazon Interviews: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDKuX3BnBTk
- Tell me about a time you had to quickly adjust your work priorities to meet changing demands.
- What did you do when you needed to motivate a group of individuals?
- Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?
- The last time you had to apologize to someone
- Describe a long-term project that you managed. How did you keep everything moving along in a timely manner?
- Describe a situation when you negotiated with others in your organization to reach an agreement.
- Tell me about a time when you received negative feedback from your manager. How did you respond?
- Tell me about a time when you missed an obvious solution to a problem
- A time when you faced a problem that had multiple possible solutions
- Tell me about a time when you were 75% through a project, & you had to pivot strategy to ensure successful delivery
- Tell me about a time you had to deal with ambiguity
- Tell me about the toughest decision you’ve had to make in the past six months
- What’s the most innovative new idea that you have implemented?
- Tell me about a time you stepped up into a leadership role
- Describe a time when you sacrificed short term goals for long term success
- Tell me about a time when you had to push back to HQ or challenged a decision
- We all deal with difficult customers from time to time. Tell me about a challenging client-facing situation and how you handled it.
- Tell me about a time when you were not able to meet a time commitment. What prevented you from meeting it? What was the outcome and what did you learn from it?
- Tell me about a time you failed and what you learned from it
- What’s your strength / weakness
- Tell me about yourself
- Why Amazon
chocolatey - Package Manager
Run PowerShell as Administrator
Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope Process -Force; [System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol -bor 3072; iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://community.chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))
NVS - Node Version Switcher
choco install nvs
timedatectl set-timezone America/Los_Angeles
apt update && apt -y upgrade && apt -y autoremove && apt -y autoclean
- Add nginx user and group
useradd nginx -g nginx -s /sbin/nologin -M
- Fix “Can’t open PID file” error
- Edit “/usr/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service”
- Add “ExecStartPost=/bin/sleep 0.1” after the “PIDFile” line.
- Init Hexo:
hexo init website
- Install Next theme:
git clone https://github.com/theme-next/hexo-theme-next themes/next
- A great alternative of Shadowsocks, plus, developed by Jigsaw (Google).
- Cross-platform client for Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and ChromeOS.
- Easy server setup, configuration, management (multi-user control).
- Get and install Outline Manager.
- Log into your server, run the installation command provided in Manager, then paste the installation output back to Manager.
- Get Outline Client.
- Generate a user-specific access key in Manager, and then set up Client with it.
- Setup server with specific hostname and port:\
sudo bash -c "$(wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Jigsaw-Code/outline-server/master/src/server_manager/install_scripts/install_server.sh)" install_server.sh --hostname=hostname --keys-port=port
- Subdomain configuration (assuming use “vpn”):
- Replace the above hostname with “vpn.mydomian.com”.
- Add an “A” record with “vpn” points to server’s IPv4 addres.
(Do NOT enable Proxy if use Cloudflare).
- Remove Outline Server:
docker rm -f shadowbox watchtower
docker system prune -a
- Outline Server Documents.
Finally, I got this site online.
Although it only contains few simple static pages, I will try to share some interesting posts regularly. (probably begin with how I build this site 😄)